Fat Bottomed Boys, that name sounds familiar, right? It’s probably because it’s based on a famous song by Queen and its late singer Freddie Mercury !
The Sgt. and Elash, the two founders of this French duet based in Lille (North of France), wanted to pay a claimed tribute to their idols writing original materials heavily inspired and arranged à la Queen. The album, called « Let's Do It! », released on September 5th when Freddie Mercury would have celebrated his 74th birthday, combines 10 songs trying to sum up the great variety of styles Queen has explored during its more than 20 years long career : from sheer rock anthems to sexual funk, lovely ballads and funny vaudevilles.
The Sgt. and Elash already had a tribute band together called Rock You!. During more than 5 years they made gigs in all the venues of northern France and beyond, delivering the well know songs by Queen to a demanding audience. But it is during the 2020 lockdown that Elash has an idea : « What about writing our own songs, but in the style of Queen? ». The Sgt. replied by a « Sure, let’s do it! ». And they did it!
Their first single Just a Moment and its official video are available on streaming platforms on the July 17, 2020... Fans are immediately seduced by its feel good vibe. It is a fresh rock song giving an a overview of the energy the band is capable of deploying on stage.
The second single Wait for Me is a powerful ballad reminiscent of some complex Mercury’s songs. It’s released on August 9th 2020 along with its self-produced video. We could count more than 40000 views to this day between YouTube and Facebook!
2020 ends on a high note with a Christmas EP and over 100,000 streams in less than four months. !
In early 2021 and to everyone's surprise, the band released a video game inspired by Super Mario Bros featuring The Sgt. and Elash but especially Freddie Mercury, who has to save rock'n'roll. This promotional game annonces a bigger event: the release of New York, an unfinished demo by Freddie Mercury from 1984, which the Fat Bottomed Boys completed as a virtual duet.
The video, featuring the French duet and an animated Freddie Mercury, toured the world in a matter of days. Very quickly, media such as France Info, Classic 21, Nostalgie or Virgin Radio praised the game and the song. Many articles are published in France, Belgium, Italy, Brazil, Chile… The duet Freddie Mercury + Fat Bottomed Boys becomes a global phenomenon!
Fat Bottomed Boys are eager to play their new songs on stage "in real life" and to meet their new audience, as soon as possible.
- Let's Do It Fat Bottomed Boys 0:30
- Wait for Me Fat Bottomed Boys 0:30
- The Idiot Fat Bottomed Boys 0:30
- Just a Moment Fat Bottomed Boys 0:30
- (Shake Your Body) to the Groove Fat Bottomed Boys 0:30
- The Sgt.'s Back in Town Fat Bottomed Boys 0:30
- What About Humans Fat Bottomed Boys 0:30
- Thank You Fat Bottomed Boys 0:30
- Le Tour de France Fat Bottomed Boys 0:30
- Stop Making Plans Fat Bottomed Boys 0:30
- New York Freddie Mercury + Fat Bottomed Boys 0:30
- Super Freddie Bros (Medley) Fat Bottomed Boys 0:30
Fat Bottomed Boys on the press
Fat Bottomed Boys on radio
- 31/03/2021 - We Will Rock You Classic 21 0:54
- 05/02/2021 - Interview de The Sgt. Canal FM 3:24
- 10/02/2021 - Maintenant j'y vais Radio Plus 54:00
- 10/02/2021 - L'info qui va bien Nostalgie 1:02
- 10/02/2021 - Coup de projecteur sur New York Nostalgie 0:44
- 06/10/2020 - 301 on air Radio Boomerang 1:19:54
- 10/02/2020 - Rock'n'Roll Radio BLP 1:06
- 03/09/2020 - Interview d'Elash Canal FM 3:01
Fat Bottomed Boys on TV
Super Freddie Bros
On the January 29th of 2021, Fat Bottomed Boys launch its first retro video game!
Inspired by Super Mario Bros released on the NES console of Nintendo in 1985, young and old people can now play to Super Freddie Bros !
The awful Bowser captured Rock’n’roll ! Only Super Freddie can save us… Help him to clear the level!
For an optimal gameplay experience:
- Use your keyboard arrows to move around. Press 'C' key to run and throw fire balls, and 'V' key to jump.
- Playing on desktop/laptop is better than mobile/tablet (but it works).
- For those using Safari, click on the 🔇 icon to enable music and sounds (and believe us, you do want to enable music and sounds!)
- We recommend you to clear the level... It would be a shame to miss something
We cannot guarantee a flawless experience with older versions of web browsers. We have tested the game with the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Opera and Safari and it works. If you’re using Netscape or Internet Explorer 3, well...